Dining and Shopping in the USVI
A destination wedding or honeymoon in the United States Virgin Islands is a fabulous way to start your new life. While there, you will want to enjoy the fine dining and awesome shopping. My preference always when visiting a destination is to enjoy and frequent the establishments that the locals patronize.
Some of my favorite restaurants in St. Thomas:
- The Lobster Grille at Bolongo Bay Beach Club, and the very famous *Iggies Beach Bar and Grill on Bolongo Bay. Then it is karaoke after that. A fun place to dine and enjoy a terrific evening.
- Agave Terrace at Point Pleasant: quite the romantic spot with excellent dining and great views.
- The Blue Moon Café at Secret Harbour
- Havana Blue at MorningStar Beach Resort/Marriott Frenchman’s Reef. Great views and good food presented in a creative manner. This restaurant is a must if you are staying at either property and would like to have a wonderful dining experience.
- In Red Hook at American Yacht Harbor is Molly Malones
- Wikked at Havensight Mall is another great place to eat.
- Herve Restaurant & wine bar – great views, excellent dining
There is so much to choose from that it would take pages and pages to list all the offerings. But I do have a few favorites – the restaurant at Palm Passage Hotel by the waterfront – excellent cooks. I really try not to miss having lunch at my friend’s restaurant - a great place for excellent local fare.
Now if you want to be truly casual try one of the many food trucks that park either in the Red Hook area or the waterfront. Clean, tasty, priced right and guaranteed to satisfy. And of course there is Gladys Café at the Royal Dane Mall. Do pick up some of her spices and hot sauce to take back with you.
You will now want to walk this off – so your first stop is at the Little Switzerland shop by the park. Why? The offerings are top notch and the sales people are top of their game. Then you mosey on down to see all the shops lining both sides of the street. You cannot miss, and if you did not find the first Little Switzerland, there is a second one not far away.
Cardow Jewelers is also a popular place with a full array of everything the heart desires. H.Stern, Tiffany, Diamonds International, Cartier,Coach, Ferragamo, Royal Caribbean, AH Riise, Royal Caribbean. There is so much to choose from all about 30% of what you would pay in the United States. There is something for every budget, so there is no excuse not to commemorate this special occasion.
I would caution you however to keep your receipts, just in case you may need to repair or exchange a purchase.
St. Croix is one of my favorite destination and the offerings on this island mirrors that of St. Thomas. However, the shopping is a bit more varied and the designs are unique to St. Croix.
Great places to eat – The Buccaneer.
Thanks to the Rockefellers this island is truly nature’s paradise and boasts some of the best beaches in the Caribbean. But of course it is about shopping and dining – and here you will find a good display of products.
The restaurants in town are easy going and geared to relaxation. The hotels offer fine dining with the most picturesque setting.
Romance abounds in the United States Virgin Islands. But it is the shopping that is unrivaled in the Caribbean.