FlagCoat of Arms
Currency: Barbadian Dollar (BBD)
Airports: (BZE )Belize City Gldsn Intl (TZA)Belize City Municipal (BGK)Big Creek (INB)Independence (ORZ)Orange Walk (PND)Punta Gorda (SVK)Silver Creek (MZE)Manatee (MDB)Melinda
Known for: Mayan Pyramids, Black Orchids, Snorkeling
Official Tourism Website: www.travelbelize.org/
Drives on the: Right Side
Calling Code: +1 501
Presenting an adventurer’s paradise, Belize: Mayan temples tower above rainforest canopies while an incredibly colorful array of marine wildlife find protection in Belize’s Great Barrier Reef.
Join us in Belize! If you envision something unique for your wedding or honeymoon, Belize is the place for you. Whether you want a legal or a religious ceremony, getting married in Belize is easy. In fact we welcome the opportunity to meet your needs on this very special occasion
Things To Do in Belize
If you are a nature lover, Belize is your destination. This destination offers the best snorkeling, diving, caves for exploration where you can see remnants of the Maya world. With such an abundance of nature, you do not have to worry about a ‘backdrop’ for your big day. Nature provides it all. And of course you can hit the gaming tables at night if you do have time for such frivolit.
Cuisine of Belize
Marriage Requirements for Belize
First of all, your marriage in Belize will be valid internationally.
- Both parties must be in Belize at least three days before applying for a marriage license.
- Forms can be obtained from two locations: General Registry, Supreme Court Building, Belize City and Attorney General Office, Belmopan.
- Forms must be completed and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace (J.P.). Ask for J.P.s in your area.
Completed forms along with the following must be presented to General Registry or Attorney General:
- Proof of Citizenship in the form of an ID card or Passport
- Photocopies of your passport showing your picture and date of entry into Belize
- Proof of Marital status, if widowed or divorced
- Marriage license fee (US $100)
- The normal approval time is one week
- Two witnesses who can be local volunteers willing to help, must accompany couples who have a legal ceremony in court. Cost: US $5
Most hotels will help with your arrangements including securing a minister or officer of the court to perform the ceremony. However, if you wish to make these arrangements on your own, please contact the Registry Department before you leave home to secure a licensed person and court date to perform a legal ceremony.
Marriage license – $100 US
Legal ceremony in court – $5 US
Religious officer – Varies (donations to the churches and schools welcome).
Hotels in Belize
Address: P.O. Box 94, San Pedro, Belize Ambergris Caye, Belize
Address: PO Box 62 Ambergris Caye, Belize
Address: P.O. Box 321 Belize City, Belize
Address: Placencia, Belize
Address: Beach Front Placencia, Belize
Phone: 011- 501-523-3239
Address: P.O. Box 91, San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Belize
Address: P.O. Box 297 Stann Creek, Belize
Address: Riverside North Cayo, Belize
Address: St. George's Caye, Belize