Currency: U.S. dollar (USD)
Airports: Piarco International Airport (POS), Crown Point International Airport (TAB)
Official Tourism Website: turksandcaicos.tc
Drives on the: Left side
Calling Code: +1-649
The Pristine beaches, snorkeling and diving, deserted cays, sparkling turquoise waters, refreshing breezes, starlit nights, excellent hotels & amenities and the happy friendly people of the Turks and Caicos Islands make up the perfect destination for marriages and honeymooners.
Weddings here are celebrations, church bells ringing and champagne on ice, decorated vehicles honking horns, music and dancing amongst happy faces and greetings from everyone. Weddings are also small and intimate, in a garden or tropical foliage where singing is done by the variety of birds, or in sail boat on our tranquil turquoise waters along the shores with a view of the beaches and rolling hills and the breakers on the barrier reef. The Turks and Caicos Islands offer to you our visitors this unique experience.
Some of the most exclusive hotels in the Caribbean can be found here, including the Sandals/Beaches chain of hotels. This hotel offers a variety of options and is one of my favorite places to stay. While it is a family hotel, it is great for weddings & honeymoons as children do have their own restaurants and swimming pool with activities, giving the adults time to participate in adult activities.
Things To Do in Turks & Caicos
Sights & Attractions- Visit these unique places that set Turks & Caicos apart from the other island
- Caicos Conch Farm- The only conch farm in the world!
- Cheshire Hall- 200 year old ruins of a cotton plantation
- Grand Turks Lighthouse- brought from the UK & constructed in 1852
- JoJo the Dolphin- Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin that has been playing & living in the shallow waters since 1980, proclaimed a national treasure!
- The Turks & Caicos Nationale Museum- uncover the history of the islands & the legend of the Molasses reef wreck in the oldest stone buildings in the country.
- Wades Green Plantation- A must see for all tourist! One of the premier cotton plantations.
Adventure- The fact is most of the area is undeveloped leaving so much for you to discover. These are just some of my favorite ways to experience the beautiful wonders of Turks & Caicos.
- Horse back riding in Grand Turks & Providenciales
- Bike through Turks & the Caicos islands, rentals are always available
- Explore Middle Caicos Caves- an impressive chain of limestone caves (the largest in the Caribbean) that are steep, breathtaking limestone cliffside of the Mudjidin Beach.
- The Hole- Located in Long Bay in Providenciales, naturally formed massive limestone 40 foot Hole. People can be lowered down a rope where 80 feet down there is a swimming hole. For adventurous souls only!
Water Sports- are the real attractions here! All the beaches are covered in sugary white sand & the water is often mistaken for a giant pane of glass. You can lay back and catch some rays or enjoy any of these fun activities
Diving & Snorkeling- The Turks and Caicos Islands are surrounded by one of the most extensive coral reef systems worldwide (65 miles across and 200 miles long). Turks & the Caicos islands are consistently ranked as one of the best diving locations in the world. The following are some of the favorite dive spots
- Providenciales Princess Alexandra National park
- Providenciales Northwest Point
- West Caicos
- French Cay
- Pine Cay
- North Caicos
- Middle Caicos
- Grand Turk
- Salt Cay
Sailing, Boating & Parasailing- Charters, excursions, rentals and tours are always being offered.
Fishing- Tours & excursions are always being offered. Visit the Conch farm or find a charter for lobsters.
Whale Watching- North Atlantic Humpback Whales are seen around the islands of Grand Turk and Salt Cay during the months of late January through early April.
*Many of the other common beach activities are available as well.
Golf- There are 2 beautiful golf courses to choose from and 1 mini golf course!
- Waterloo Golf Course- 9 hole, par 54
- The Provo Golf & Country Club- 18 holes
- Fun World TCI- 18 holes. Also boast Go Carts, karaoke and an arcade.
Shopping- Tons of shops exist and scattered from Grace Bay to Port of Call. You can find everything from local crafts to designer fashions and exquisite jewelry shops.
Night Life- Spend your nights dancing away at any of the several bars and discos or take in some gambling at any of these locations.
- Carib Gaming
- Casablanca Casino
- The Player’s Club
Cuisine of Turks & Caicos
The Turks and Caicos Islands consist of 30 islands situated in the Atlantic Ocean, southeast of the Bahamas. Local cuisine employs rare species, bananas, citrus, corn and ocean salt. Because the territories are situated in the Caribbean zone and belong to the United Kingdom, many elements from these cultures can be found in the local diet. The variety of meat ranges from fish, fish roe, crabs, and lobster, to poultry, pork and beef. Meat is typically served with local corn, rice and vegetables and is topped with local sauces and spices.
A traditional Turks and Caicos meal comprises grits, which are made with dried Conch or peas, various local vegetables, and chicken or fish. Rum is an important drink and flavoring for cakes and even steaks. A rum-based punch is served during celebrations, and is a popular drink in the coastal bars and eateries.
These islands host approximately 50,000 tourists per year, so the local cuisine has to accommodate the tourist trade. In Cockburn Town, cafes and open bars on the coast produce fish and seafood dishes, as well as exotic desserts.
Marriage Requirements for Turks & Caicos
Original documentations to be produced in person are:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Proof of Status – If single a sworn affidavit is required.
- If one of the parties is a divorcee, then proof of Decree Absolute is required, either the original or a notarized copy, sealed by the Clerk of the Court.
- In the case of a Widow/Widower the Death Certificate of the previous spouse is required.
- If change of name by Deed Poll or Adoption then proof is required.
- If under the age of 21 years then evidence is required as consent of one or both partner or guardian, in the form of an affidavit stamped by the Notary Public.
- The parties must not be within the prohibited degree of relationships to each other.
- Letter stating both parties occupations, marital status, age as of last birthday, present address of residence and fathers full name.
- For church weddings most Ministers require proof of membership.
- The marriage must be solemnized by a registrar of Marriage Officer (usually the Registrar General for Special Licenses) who is entitled to payment of reasonable traveling expenses if the marriage takes place other than at his usual place of business.
- Please be advised that any Passports or documentation written other than in English should be translated in advance and notarized by the applicable consulate.
$50.00 License fee
Must be on the island for 24hrs to establish residency
Processing of license takes 2-3 days.
For further details contact:
The Registrars of Marriages Lenora Missick at (649) 941-5123 in Providenciales
Pastor Leslie Myers (649) 941-6730 in Providenciales
Featured Hotels in Turks & Caicos