‘How do I start planning my wedding in paradise?’ – Follow our To- Do List!
1. Request information. Congratulations, you’ve already completed the first step! We will send you all of the necessary and helpful information about Bolongo Bay and your wedding plans.
2.Reserve your wedding date and event space. Once you have chosen a wedding date, contact us to make sure that the date is still available. As we try to hold just one in-house wedding per day, we encourage you to do this as soon as possible to ensure availability. When you’re ready to confirm, we require a non-refundable deposit of $1000 to reserve your wedding date. If you would like to book your hotel room at the same time, we can use the same deposit to hold your room reservation.
3. Set up a ‘Group Account’ for your guests. To ensure that your guests all receive the same rate and are connected to your wedding group, we create a group account in our reservations system. This way, when your guests call to book rooms they only need to reference your wedding to receive your rates! We can provide a letter for you to distribute to your guests with details on the hotel, the room rates, and the reservation process. If you wish to block rooms for your guests, we will need to take a $600 deposit on each room.
4. Send invitations. For destination weddings, we suggest setting your RSVP date at least 4 months in advance of your arrival. This will allow your guests enough time to secure their rooms, and for you to plan your events.
5. Decide on any additional events. We would love to help you plan a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, etc. for you and your guests! We can also help you come up with fun group activities, such as a sail on our catamaran, bonfire with s’mores, or a private snorkel booze hunt. It’s always best to secure your plans in advance, as we may have other events booking around yours.
6. Finalize Details. Decide on wedding details such as flowers, arch decorations, cake, and music! You have time to decide on all the fun details up until we finalize the contract and invoice 30 days before the event. It’s never too early to start sending us photos and ideas, but we will really start planning everything a few months out. Go through our Wedding Guide and our Wedding Worksheet to decide on what you’d like to add, and be sure to keep us updated!
7. Sign wedding and event contract. Once we have worked out the details of your events, your wedding coordinator will send you a complete event contract– usually about 1 month out from your event. Final payment is due twenty one days prior to your event.
8. Complete paperwork for courthouse and send. We recommend sending this information at least 1 month in advance of your wedding date.
9. The balance on all events is due 21 days prior to your first event.
10. Enjoy a stress-free wedding!
Phone (340) 775.1800 Fax (340) 775.3208 E-Mail email@example.com, Website:www.bolongobay.com