Tourism Tagline: "Beyond Extraordiny"
Language: English, Creole Dialect
Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
Airports: Clayton J. Lloyd Int'l Airport (AXA)
Known for: Lobster, Rum, Sailing, Offshore Banking
Official Tourism Website: ivisitAnguilla.com
Drives on the: Left Side
Calling Code: +1 264
The Anguilla Experience
“There are islands. There are extraordinary islands. And then, there is Anguilla”. A most appropriate declaration made by the Anguilla Tourist Board. And yes, Anguilla is a perfect place to get married. This easy, relaxed, romantic, unique destination offers many options to couples interested in tying the knot.
Couples can choose from a traditional church ceremony or just enjoy the luxury of a garden resort; bask in the lavishness of one of the many local villas, or just enjoy the natural backdrop of the ocean from an offshore cay. Whatever their desire, special packages and exclusive, personalized creations can be designed just for them by experienced wedding planners.
Anguilla is about 16 miles long by 3 miles wide and has several smaller uninhabited islands ideal for a romantic private wedding or just a honeymoon picnic. Although tropical, the island is relatively dry, with little temperature variation from month to month which makes planning easy. The island boasts an array of exclusive resorts, fine dining restaurants and some of the best and most unspoiled, uncrowded beaches in the Caribbean. Anguilla is indeed an ideal location for a wedding and honeymoon.
The island is easily reached via nonstop service from Puerto Rico or St. Maarten or directly by private jet at the small international airport. The island is also accessible by private boat or yacht.
Marriage Requirements for Anguilla
Couples wishing to marry on the island should:
- Apply for Marriage License, 2 days prior to day of marriage, from the Judicial Department, open weekdays between 8:30am and 2:30pm
- The cost for the License is US $280.86 plus $37.20 in Anguilla stamps obtained from the local post office
- Both parties must present proof of identity (valid passport or original birth certificate and valid drivers license)
- If divorced, the original Decree Absolute must be presented
- If a spouse from a previous marriage is deceased, the original death certificate must be presented and a certified copy in English
- Two witnesses must be present during the wedding ceremony
- If parties are under the age of 18, consent must be presented
- A 48-hour residence period is also required for both parties
If planning to get married in a Catholic Church, in addition to the above, couples would also require:
- Confirmation papers
- Baptismal certificate
- Freedom to Marry papers
- Pre Cana course
- 3-6 months advance notice
For further inquiries about getting married in Anguilla, please contact the Judicial Department at telephone: (264) 497-2377/3347.
Important Links for Anguilla
To learn more about Anguilla, please see the important links below:
Entry Requirements for Anguilla
How to Get to Anguilla
Places to Stay in Anguilla
Things To Do in Anguilla
Upcoming Events on Anguilla
Dining - Cuisine of Anguilla
Fine Dining: https://ivisitanguilla.com/fine-dining
Casual Dining: https://ivisitanguilla.com/casual-dining
Beach Bars: https://ivisitanguilla.com/beach-bars