Currency: Peso (MXN)
Airports: Cancun International Airport (CUN)
Known for: Scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, and fishing
Official Tourism Website: mexicancaribbean.travel/cancun/
Drives on the: Right Side
Calling Code: +1 998
Country, Liberty, Work and Culture
Looking for the perfect destination for your wedding? Look no further than Cancun. Its spectacular white sand beaches and fantastic turquoise blue waters are known worldwide. Cancun offers visitors an array of water activities and adventure and shares its Mayan culture with the world. With its stunning golf courses, sophisticated spa facilities, shopping centers, plazas and handicraft markets, bars and nightclubs, Cancun has something for everyone.
It’s easy to get to Cancun from anywhere in the world. Cancun has a wide variety of options for accommodation, from standard to luxurious, all well-known for their warm, Mexican hospitality, making Cancun one of the best tourist destinations in the world.
Enjoy an amazing culinary experience in Cancun! An epicurean delight, with the fusion of the regional variants of Mexican flavors resulting in superior local and international dishes.
Be prepared for a fun, beautiful and luxurious wedding day! With its offerings of picturesque landscapes and a wide range of beautiful and exquisite resorts, getting married in Cancun is the perfect way to celebrate your love.
Marriage Requirements for Cancun, Mexico
- The procedures must be carried out before the Civil Registry offices.
- Proof of non-existence of State Marriage
- Birth Certificate of the parties
- CURP (Only for Mexicans)
- Identification of the parties and four witnesses (INE or valid Passport). If any of the parties is a minor, present as certified identification of studies.
- Prenuptial analysis (V.D.R.L., V.I.H. and R.H.) Certified by a doctor (both documents signed, sealed and with professional identification number) 15 days in force.
- If any of the parties is a minor (16 or 17 years old), their parents can sign up as witnesses and if the parents are not there, they will have to present the marriage waiver (they issue it in the family court)
- If they are widowed or divorced, file a certificate.
Please note that all documentation must be submitted in original and 2 copies.
In Mexico, a pastor, a priest, or a rabbi DO NOT have the legal authority to perform civil weddings. The civil - legal marriage process is handled by judges from the Civil Registry Office, and generates a Marriage Certificate that as a public document, permanently filed with the State Civil Registry office in Chetumal, capital of the State of Quintana Roo, México at:
Av. Ignacio Zaragoza 151, Centro, 77000 Chetumal, Q.R., Mexico
Phone: +52 983 832 8521
Other Civil Registry Offices can also provide information:
Punta Nizuc - Cancún 4666, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Phone: +52 998 840 6747
Margaritas 31, 22, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Phone: +52 998 884 8602
You may also choose to hire one of the many Wedding Planners available to coordinate your Perfect Wedding Day including arranging for your wedding license. Check with your hotel for assistance with finding a Wedding Planner.
Important Links for Cancun, Mexico
To learn more about Cancun, please see the important links below:
Entry Requirements for Cancun
Passport and Visas: https://www.mexicancaribbean.travel/travel-information/getting-here/passports-visas/
Airport and Customs: https://www.mexicancaribbean.travel/travel-information/getting-here/airports-customs/